Thursday, May 08, 2008

The first two weeks in Ireland


The past week and a half we have been here I have learned a lot already. I love Ireland. The people are friendly, the land is gorgeous, and everything is in English. I still do miss home though quite a bit. Especially our friends and family. Also, I think I miss the familiarity of home. At home Katherine had a schedule that she was pretty used to. I know that will come here with time, but the last few weeks have been long for her. She has been a trooper though. She is such a blessing, and a happy baby. I am excited to get our own place. We have been staying at our supervisor's house (who is in the states right now) and are really thankful for them letting us stay here. It has been a huge help to have a place for Katherine to run around (which she is walking pretty good these days) and for us to get food and eat here instead of eating out. But I think having our own place will be nice because we'll be able to fully unpack and get used to the area we are living in and start building relationships with others. What I have realized most of all the past week and a half is how much I need Jesus. Even though I miss my family, friends and home, I have Jesus. He'll never leave me, and he completes me and satisfaction is found in Him. I think it's alright to miss home and family but I can't let it paralyze me or forget that God wants us here and that I will find joy when following Him. Andy has been a huge source of encouragement, and we've had a lot of fun this past week. I love traveling with him and getting his insights on things. We have a blast together. With all that being said, please pray for me and that I will keep my focus on Jesus. I want to enjoy Ireland to the fullest and soak up all that God is doing and will do this next year in our lives. Thanks for your prayers and your friendship.

Kim

P.S. Also pray for Katherine she's getting 3-4 more teeth in and it's been a bit painful for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I am keeping you in my prayers. Good luck with everything.

Unknown said...

Praying for you guys!! Miss you three a ton too!!